05. Paper Tray (Inlay) | v.20221215
220.127.116.11 Paper Tray (inlay)
18.104.22.168.1 • The Material Issue
- CCNB is unft for digital printing. If this is selected, art paper will be applied instead.
- 300gsm art paper will be applied instead of 350gsm as this exceeds the maximum thickness for the digital printer.
22.214.171.124.2 • Color Difference Issues
- There will be a color discrepancy as the sample is manufactured using digital printing, while mass production will be completed using a real printing machine. The digital printed sample will be around 85%~90% similar to the mass production version.
126.96.36.199.3 • The Varnishing Issue
- The sample surface cannot be protected by varnishing as it is pressed by the digital printer. As such, the surface will get scratched, faded, and easily stained. This is inevitable in the digital print, however, it will be avoided in mass production.
188.8.131.52.3 • Example of varnish issue
184.108.40.206.4 • The Lamination Issue
- The following will occur during the pre-production process if only a small number of samples are created, as the pressure and temperature can’t be adjusted to a stable state in such a short period of time.
- Unft and bubbling (this cannot be avoided in the sample printing, however it will not occur in mass production.)
- Whiting and blurring (this cannot be avoided in the sample printing, however it will not occur in mass production.)
220.127.116.11.5 • The Finishing Issue
- The pre-production sample is manually made which can cause misalignment, incomplete scoring lines, deviation, and edge breakage. Die-cut tooling will be used in mass production to avoid these issues.